As part of our strategic plan we are looking to expand the sales team at our Adelaide Head Office.
APC Technology is an Australian company that has been designing and manufacturing custom military and industrial computing solutions for over 30 years. We have an enviable client base across a diverse range of industries.
As part of our strategic plan we are recruiting a Business Development Manager to grow our established defence customer base.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a successful track record in identifying and winning new business. It is expected they will have established networks and an understanding of how to do business within defence. Applicants with a background in one of the forces will be highly regarded.
APC Technology has a proven track record of offering clients unique solutions. Therefore the ability to think ‘outside the square’ will set the ideal candidate apart from others. Though not essential, a technical background will also enable a quicker understanding of our clients needs and enable the right person to hit the ground running. Full support of the Engineering department will be available as required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Generation and implementation of sales strategies to develop new business opportunities and grow our existing business.
- Qualify and close sales opportunities.
- Build effective relationships with new and existing customers and relevant industry/ government bodies domestically and internationally.
- Provide market intelligence to aide business planning and product development.
- Demonstrated sales background with a passion for selling the value proposition.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Established network within the defence industry.
- Previous experience in one of the forces will be highly regarded.
- Experience gained in a technical background is highly desirable.
- Able to work independently while understanding the value of teamwork.
This is a full time position which will be pivotal in shaping APC Technology’s future direction during a time of growth. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will have the opportunity to move into a senior role in the future dependent on performance.
The role will be based at the head office & manufacturing facility in Cheltenham, South Australia. Travel will be expected.
If you feel you can bring something special to our organisation please forward your resume including a covering letter by COB on Friday 25 May 2018 to:
991 Port Road
Cheltenham, SA, 5014
All applicants must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.