MD Scott Begbie reflects on the successes of 2016 and how clients, suppliers and staff have helped make another year one we can be proud of.
2016 was a busy year for APC Technology. The most significant event has been our relocation to larger premises in Cheltenham. This provides the business with the ability to support current customers but also grow substantially in the next 5 years. We were delighted to have Defence Minister Martin Hamilton-Smith formally open our new manufacturing and head office plus an array of guests join us to celebrate the move. Other highlights of the year have been:-
- Rear Admiral Kevin Scarce accepted the position of Chairman of APC Technology’s board.
- Investment in new technologies including the purchase of several lasers and an upgrade of our 3D printer to increase our in-house capabilties for rapid turnaround for product concepts.
- We announced a strategic partnership with Acacia Research to develop mission systems for upcoming defence opportunties.
- We attended 10 exhibitions either with our own stand or in conjunction with Defence SA or Team Defence Australia.
- Robert Civitarese joined us as our new Business Development Manager.
- APC Research continues to investigate and implement new technologies which have the ability to enhance products and processes, a great example being in-house optical bonding of displays.
We are now looking forward to 2017 and continuing our commitment to innovate and supply rugged solutions built to meet the needs of our clients.
On behalf of the board and all the staff we would like to wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year. We look forward to working with you in 2017 and onwards.
Managing Director, APC Technology
Read the rest of the Christmas newsletter.
Scott is now lucky to be off on an extended break overseas but will be back in the office on January 9th 2017. The APC Technology offices will remain open till COB 21 December 2016.