As part of our strategic plan we are looking to expand the sales team at our Adelaide Head Office.
APC Technology is an Australian company that has been designing and manufacturing custom military and industrial computing solutions for over 30 years. We have an enviable client base across a diverse range of industries.
As part of our long term strategic plan we are looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to grow our established mining and industrial customer base.
You will be able to demonstrate a successful track record in identifying and winning new business. It is expected that you will have established networks within the mining and/or industrial sector. Applicants with a background in mining will be highly regarded.
Our strength is our ability to offer clients unique solutions so your ability to think “outside the square” will set you apart from others. Though not essential, a technical background will allow you to quickly understand the needs of our customers and hit the ground running. You will of course have the full support of the Engineering department.
Responsibilities will include:
- Generation and implementation of sales strategies to develop new business opportunities and grow our existing business.
- Qualify and close sales opportunities.
- Build effective relationships with new and existing customers and relevant industry/ government bodies domestically and internationally.
- Provide market intelligence to aide business planning and product development.
- Demonstrated sales background with a passion for selling the value proposition.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Established network within the mining industry.
- Previous experience in one of the forces will be highly regarded.
- Experience gained in a technical background is highly desirable.
- Able to work independently while understanding the value of teamwork.
This is a senior position within the organisation with the opportunity to shape APC’s future direction in exciting times. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will have the opportunity to move into a more senior role in the future.
The role will be based at the head office & manufacturing facility in Cheltenham, South Australia. Travel will be expected.
If you feel you can bring something special to our organisation please forward your resume or online by Thursday 12th September to:
991 Port Road
Cheltenham, SA, 5014
All applicants must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.